Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Uploaded Files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
980 Views, 5 Replies

Edit Uploaded Files

Is it possible to edit uploaded files through web.fusion.autodesk.com?  I am able to create and edit a new Fusion Design, but have not been able to edit files that have been uploaded to A360.  I had thought it might have been an account restriction, because I am using a free educator account, but I was also unable to edit files through Fusion Team.  The files are part of the Coursera CAD and Digital Manufacturing specialization courses.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asiteur
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

You can only edit Fusion 360 designs online.

What type are your files?

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: asiteur

The file extension is .f3d.  Is it possible to convert the file?

If this is not the correct file type, it would be helpful if the course had files that were more accessible to A360 users.  I do realize that converting and uploading the files would require coordination through the instructors, and Coursera, and will not likely be a quick fix.

Message 4 of 6
asiteur

Hi there,

f3d files are Fusion 360 EXPORTS.

As Fusion 360 is entirely cloud-based, there are no physical files for your models. But if you insist, Fusion 360 can give you a f3d model.

Now, you can easily use these file by uploading them through the Fusion 360 application (desktop cloud app).

When you upload these manually using the webinterface it won't work. It's a bit strange I agree.

I'm curious what kind of course it is. I assume that it is a Fusion 360 course, which means that you will need the Fusion 360 application installed anyway.

Alexander Siteur
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: asiteur

I uploaded the files through the Fusion 360 mobile app, and as you can likely guess had the same result.  The desktop application is listed for the course, but the hurdle is that Chromebooks have become so widely used in k-12 classrooms that traditional desktop software is not as accessible for students and teachers.

Message 6 of 6
asiteur

Hi there,

The mobile app is nothing more than what you can do on the website, but with a more accessible user interface for phones.

Uploading your data is only gonna work nicely in the desktop app, as is doing the Fusion 360 course because you really really need it.

The webeditor is nice for some basic editting.

Alexander Siteur
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report