Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Viewer: Website embed issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
danp
492 Views, 4 Replies

A360 Viewer: Website embed issues

Hi All, 

When on a web page that has an embedded viewer, the web browsers back button does not work. I've noticed the issue in chrome and firefox web browsers. Check out this A360 blog post featuring an embedded viewer and click back on your browser. Is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: danp

Hi Dan,

I just took a look at this and it works for me.  It looks like you need to take focus out of the embedded drawing first, then click the back button and it works fine.  I tested this using the example of creating an embedded viewer on our Tips, Tricks and Tutorials Page. 

Embedded Example:

Give it a try, it should work fine for you as well. 

Hope this helps and have a great day.  

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 5
danp
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Bud, 

I was unable to review your example as the link you provided clicks over to the most recent posts. 

I did setup an example on our web server - if you go to the address below and click the embedded drawings link, wait for all the drawings to load and click the back button. You should see the issue we're having. 

http://evradvertising.com/embed-test/test.html 

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: danp

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay, I have been impacted by the fires here in Northern California, they are very close to where I live.

I just tried using your page as well, and I am able to go back, but I need to change focus before it works. But it did just go back for me.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting the link.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 5

In a quick test here in Firefox, I've noticed that Back does work, but that there are several entries in the history list.  You may need to go back several times, or pull-down the history list and click the lowest entry in the stack.  My JavaScripting is rusty, but I think there may be a way to group state changes on the page into a single entry.

David Marks
Customer Success Engineer
Large Model Viewer|Forge & Platform Components

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report