Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 IDW file size

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
514 Views, 6 Replies

A360 IDW file size

Is there a limit to the size of a idw file that can be uploaded into A360?  I'm trying to get a inventor IDW file uploaded and every time I go to view it on A360 after I upload it I get an error "no viewable content".  So I modified the file some by taking out some of the sheets and re-uploaded the file and it works.  So is there a limit to size of file or any reason anyone knows of as to why i would be having this issue?  FYI I have uploaded other IDW files as well and had no problems.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

hi Todd,

is this IDW Inventor file the make up of many files, i.e. parts that make up an assembly here?

Just wondering as typically with assembly's one would want to follow the below steps to upload it properly into Team (using the assembly command), however, possibly what you're doing is different.

let me know,

When you upload using the Assembly option, you want to be sure that you're following the below steps.

• You can NOT use the Assembly option in your A360 DRIVE, only within your A360 hub does the option exist.
  • Put all files in same folder (parent and children)
  • Check link paths in parent file so they correctly reference the children now that they've moved into the same folder.
  • Select Assembly upload option, choose Parent file, then Upload button.
  • If using AutoCAD files with ref files, use eTransmit to package everything up first, or if using Inventor, then use the Pack and Go feature.
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

Brett,

Thanks for the reply.  The IDW file i'm uploading does reference ipt and iam files.  The confusing part for me is that i have uploaded other IDW files that are  very similar in how they reference other parts and they work fine.  I use A360 mainly for IDW (prints) files, so i can simply view and share them with people off sight, also looking at having people on the manufacturing floor be able to view and markup changes on Ipads thru A360.  I really don't have interest in being able to view the ipt and iam files.  My thought is one of the sheets with in the IDW is referencing something that is causing this error but i cannot think of anything that is different from other files that uploaded fine with no problem.  Maybe I'm missing something but at the moment I am confused with this.  Send me your e-mail and i will invite you to my project and let you see the other files that work and see if you can make any sense of it.  Thanks!

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I'm still running into the same issue, I'm trying to get a inventor IDW file uploaded and every time I go to view it on A360 after I upload it I get an error "no view-able content".  So I modified the file some by taking out some of the sheets and re-uploaded the file and it works.  So is there a limit to size of file or any reason anyone knows of as to why i would be having this issue? I still can not upload the original file.  Any advice or thoughts?  I have other files that are similar and i'm having no problem.

Message 5 of 7
BrettWright

hi Todd,

My apologies for the late reply here.

The team is trying to see if this is an Inventor 2017 specific bug. When they took your file and saved it as an Inventor 2018 IDW then re uploaded it back up into the Team hub, all was fine.

I'm not sure if you have access to Inventor 2018 as well or not, but if so, please try that to see if that works for you.

I'll ping the team again on this and see if there is anymore information on this topic then come back to you here on this thread.

stay tuned,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

I upgraded to 2018 and that has seemed to take care of the problem.  Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 7
BrettWright

great to hear all is resolved there Todd,

Thanks for letting me know.

🙂

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report