Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Model Split

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
344 Views, 2 Replies

3D Model Split

I am using Navisworks Manage 2017 for a Plug In to convert to a Synchro project. I receive a copy of the model from the Design Team that is updated a few times a month. I have been using this process for over a year and am now finding portions of the model split. 

A section of the 3D model that I'm working on is found with portions of the design split into two distinct areas. Part of the structural steel, pipe, and equipment is in the correct location, then metal grating, existing structures and pipe in a separate location within the model. See screen shots attached

I'm being told that no one else on the team is having this problem and it must by my software. Does anyone know how this happens and/or how to fix it? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick.beattie
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm following up with regards to your post.  From the look of it, it seems like the issue is occurring within Navisworks and not with A360.  Is that correct?

If you are hosting your files on A360, does the same thing occur if you download a local file and open?  If so, then the behavior is most likely on the Navisworks side and we would transfer this forum post to the Navisworks forum.  

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.  We look forward to your reply. 

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 3
patrick.beattie
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up with regards to your forum post.  Are you still having trouble with these models that show up the way you have described?

If so, please provide some additional information on whether this can be reproduced with local files and not just files on A360.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report