Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download errors many recipients and invitees are running into with new version

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mikeafa1
470 Views, 5 Replies

Download errors many recipients and invitees are running into with new version

It has been brought to my attention, very frequently I might add, that customers, clients and co-workers are running into download errors when I privately share documents & drawings with them. At first I though it was because they were using a different version of web browser other than Internet Explorer; Ie: Chrome, Firefox, etc. After the back and forth emails, the temporary solution seems to be switching back to the old version! This newer version is bring about more problems than I want to deal with and might consider using another exchange service if things do not get resolved soon. Ever since the new version came along it has been nothing but problems and less features. I am a long time user of the A360 drive, 3+ years, and use this service extensively. Pretty much on a daily basis. Please fix this service exchange portal.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrettWright
in reply to: mikeafa1

Hi Mike,

thanks for sending this in.

Can you tell us what the file types are that you're sharing with others that they weren't able to download, as well if you're able to get them, send in any screenshots of the error message that they were seeing here?

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6
mikeafa1

As of late, the files that I am typically sharing are PDF and/or .zip files

[JCI e-mail logo with contact info_12-16-15]
Message 4 of 6
BrettWright

any idea on what error messages they were seeing?

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 6
mikeafa1

Not exactly. From what I am being told though they just cannot download the file. I have screened the problem with one or two clients only to find out that switching over to the old version has worked.

Message 6 of 6
BrettWright

Hi Mike,

• A quick FYI here, we've seen a few other cases of this as well, so now are working on trying to identify the cause for why and when this happens.
  • I'll add your case to the list here and then be back in touch for when we have a better understanding of the issue as well a plan for the fix.
  • In the meantime there are two tests that i'd like for you to run and let me know what happens.

• Do a page refresh in the new UI and see if that allows the download icon to show back up.
  • Log out and then log back into your hub, to again see if that makes any difference for you.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report