Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined 360 storage?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chad-Smith
1679 Views, 5 Replies

Combined 360 storage?

Are companies able to combine their Subscription 360 storage space yet?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Chad,

Thanks for posting this question here as well as the Autodesk 360 site. Once everything is on Lithium we can easily move questions to the right locations.

This is not possible with A360 Drive. But have you checked out the Trial of A360 Team? Go to this link and check it out, it may be what you are asking about.

http://autodesk360.com

Thanks again for re posting this here on the A360 Drive forum.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 6

Yes but, (and correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't that simply centralise a project workspace under a single user's account still, regardless of whether they can invite others to the project?

It's been a number of months since I logged into A360 Preview, but the features page now seems to suggest a change in that it is no longer individual user based?

I see there is a pricing structure now attached to it.

• Is this in addition to a company's existing product Subscription costs?
  • Does this new subscription now create a company wide account?
  • What happens to the 25GB storage already attached to a subscription license? Will it be absorbed into the A360 Teams account?

Sorry for the questions, but the features descriptions on the website doesn't exactly help in clarifying how this service should be used by companies, and it's advantages over the old A360. i.e. the general structure behind the workflow for companies.

Message 4 of 6
Chad-Smith
in reply to: Chad-Smith

So coming back to my original question, given that a customer is already paying for 25GB of online storage space per license (which by the sounds of things they can't combine), why would they now pay extra in order to get less space?

If all a customer wants is online storage (a la Dropbox) I'm finding that rather than companies having disparate files across multiple single user (25GB) A360 accounts, they are paying for a combined Dropbox style business account with a very large capacity. In my line of work, I find very few users actually using their A360 Documents storage.

I understand there are other benefits of the A360 Team service, but online storage capacity is the number one problem at the moment.

I don't yet see the incentive to companies to pay for more, when they aren't even using their existing 25GB/user. This comes across as a token offering.

Are you able to give us some insight to how the old Autodesk 360, and the new A360 Team services are going to run?

Are they going to continue running in parallel, each with their pros and cons?

Is Autodesk 360 going to be retired in the future?

Having similar names is confusing enough as it is, but with so many similar services currently in existance (add to this Buzzsaw), it's becoming hard to understand which direction ADSK are taking this.

Hopefully you can ellaborate on this for us? Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

Hi Chad,

Thanks for posting some great questions. When we shared the Tech Preview at AU last year the main idea is to have better collaboration. With A360 Drive (the original Autodesk 360) you could collaborate, but it was very limited. You could share files or folders and add comments to the files, that was pretty much it.

With the Tech Preview we introduced Projects. So you could now create a project, invite people to the project and share files. You have comments on the Project wall as well as comments on the actual DATA. It also introduced a new Large Model Viewer that can view more file types from a WEB Site and we are adding to it all the time.

On Tuesday we announced and released what is the production version of A360 and it's designed around Teams. It allows more control over the projects like Open, Closed and Secret.

There is no current limit on storage space, but that may change based on usage. The idea is to have a central place to share files and projects, not just files. If you still have your Tech Preview account check it out, the main differences are in the project types. Also note this is for small to medium offices. We are looking at an Enterprise solution as well for the future.

So basic workflow would be to create a project, invite people to the project, and share not just data but ideas and comments back and forth.

Hope this helps answer both your questions and keep your eyes open for more blog updates. We are working on getting more details out there as we go.

And thanks again for all your questions as they will help others to better understand the differences as well.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 6 of 6

Hi Chad,

I shared this with you on the A360 site but wanted to share it here as well. I had not seen this before, but it looks like as part of purchasing the A360 Team you get 10 gigs per member. So if you have 7 members that need to upload and download data, you would have 70 gigs of space.

http://autodesk360.com/pricing

Just wanted to clarify on the space as was not accurate in how much space is available in my post above.

Hope this helps and It looks like the marketing team is working on getting more details material available on the WEB Sites as well.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report