Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 360 problem

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
avaughan_townes
2670 Views, 25 Replies

Autodesk 360 problem

This is getting VERY frustrating.  I am unable to open and work in several.dwg files because Autodesk 360 has them open. I can open in read-only but what good does that do. Anyone know how to close a drawing in Autodesk 360?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Hello Hilton,

Can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing? Also A360 Drive is only a viewer, so you should not get a notification from A360. Are you by chance editing them using AutoCAD 360? Share with us a screen shot and we can try to help you sort this out, or at least get you pointed to the right team for help.

Thanks for getting us the details and sharing a screen shot with us.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 26

Thank you, yes I am using Autodesk360.

This is an example of what his happening. I am trying to change the name in
this situation, easiest way to show that Autodesk360 has kinda hijacked my
file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 26

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update. Can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing and also are you using the A360 Drive with a desktop product like AutoCAD? And how are you uploading the files to A360 Drive?

Thanks for the details snd getting us screen shots.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 5 of 26

Thank you, yes I am using Autodesk360.

We currently are using Civil3D 2015 and we connect via the AutoCAD program.

This is an example of what his happening.  I am trying to change the name in this situation, easiest way to show that Autodesk360 has kinda hijacked my file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 26

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the screen shot.  It sounds like you are using A360 Drive Desktop Sync component.  Is the file also open in AutoCAD?    The only way I can get that error is when the file is open in AutoCAD.  Can you share with us a screen shot of where the file is when you are trying to rename it?  Does it look something like this with your A360 sign in name after "A360 Drive"  And if yes do you have green check marks on the folders and files? 

If all that looks fine, lets see if maybe AutoCAD is giving a misleading error message.   Close AutoCAD and then try to rename the file.  

Path to the file.jpg

File in use error.jpg

Also if you look in your system tray, you should see the A360 cloud icon.  Right click on that and select pause.  Then see if you can rename the file.  

pause sync.jpg

Thanks again for the screen shot and let us know how this goes.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 7 of 26

Bud,

The file(s) in question are simply located on our server and accessed via Windows Explorer similar to anyother file or document

it appears like everything is checked, as in your example (see below), these files are in the Autodesk360 "drive" on my computer

360 FOLDER.JPG

but within the folder contains another folder with several drawings, I believe to be the ones Autodesk360 has made copies/saves of, there seems to be some that do not have the check by them.  Now I was succceful in opening the file(s) in question through this window (see below) which makes me extremely happy. But I am still unable to open up the drawing through the AutoCAD or standard Window Explorer DoubleClick.

DWG FOLDER 360.JPG

I was able to pause the sync, but no luck in opening or changing the name.

Please if you could, explain what the check marks mean and why some of the files do not have them.  We are new to the Autodesk360 here, actually we have only used it for a couple of months, if that, and really dont know excatly how it works.  We just signed up for it because AutoCAD wanted us to.

Message 8 of 26

actually after looking closer it helps but not much because its the "copy" i opened not the actual file.  I am still being locked out to the actual files.  I'm not sure if we actually covered this but our files we use are saved to our server and not the Autodesk360 cloud server.  It appears these on the cloud are basically backup files.

Message 9 of 26

Hi Alex,

I think that the error message is missleading.  That is comming from AutoCAD and I wonder if someone else has the file open.   Do you see any DWL files in the same server location?    Also at the command line on your computer you can try using WHOHAS to find who may have the file open.

The checkmarks just show that those files have been synced to the A360 Drive folder on the WEB Site.   Give WHOHAS a test and see if tells you who AutoCAD thinks has the file open. 

Thanks and let me know how this goes.

WHOHAS (Command)
http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-7E20A4D7-EB74-4354-8ADE-7EF172F0...

Displays ownership information for opened drawing files.

You can use WHOHAS to track which users have certain drawing files open.

After you select a file, the ownership information is displayed at the Command prompt. The information includes the current user's computer name, login ID, and full name (if available) and the date and time the drawing file was opened.

Note: Similar information is displayed automatically when you try to open a drawing file that another user has already opened.

The information displayed by WHOHAS is stored in a temporary DWL (drawing lock) file. A DWL file is deleted when the file is closed.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 10 of 26

No one else has the files open, as I am the only one currently working on this particular project.  I have tried the WHOHAS command and it says the "User: Unknown" (see below left).  It wasnt until I tried to change the name that I saw that it was open in Autodesk360 (see below right).

whohas.JPGA360.JPG

Message 11 of 26

It's possible that the DWL files were left behind. Can you check the server location and see if you can delete the DWL files. Then see if the error goes away. A360 won't create DWL files, only AutoCAD, so that tells me that the file thinks it is open in AutoCAD. THis message comes from AutoCAD, not A360.

While I'm typing this, I'm wondering if you have tried to open the file with AutoCAD, and if you get the same error. Give that a try first, and if it works, then save it and close AutoCAD. Then see if that removes the DWL files.

Thanks and let me know how that goes.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 12 of 26

Bud,

I did not see any .dwl files within the server folder.  And when I try to open it with AutoCAD I get the standard error message (see below)

read-only.JPG

I'm kinda at a loss for what else to try.  I know ways to "get around" the problem, but that could lead to more problems in the future.  And I would really like to know what to do if this happens to someone else.  I do appreciate you taking your time to help with this.

Message 13 of 26

Hi Alex,

Let's take A360 out of the equation. From inside AutoCAD, sign out of A360 and then see if you can access the file.

Also can you check in the office and have them all sign out of A360 as well. If the file is still llocked, let me know. I'm reaching out to one of my co workers on the AutoCAD team to see if he has any suggestions.

Thanks and let me know how this goes.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 14 of 26

OK. sounds good.

I believe i got everyone out of AutoCAD 360 and still no luck. 

Message 15 of 26

Hi Alex,

Thanks for trying that. I just got off the phone with my friend on the AutoCAD Team and he thinks it could be Automatic Copy. Can you make sure everyone unchecks the "Enable automatic sync" He thinks that maybe the automatic copy is stuck trying to grab the file from the server location. You may also want to bring up task manger and close the following files.

Adsyncworker.exe
Adsync.exe
A360service.exe

Let me know how this goes and thanks for trying all this for us.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 16 of 26

OK, it looks that like must have been it!  Lets hope this is the cure.  Thank yall so much.  I will pass this on to everyone.

Message 17 of 26

Thanks Alex,

That is great news and thanks for letting us know. And thanks for hanging in there while we sorted what it was. We very much appreciate all your time and help on this. And let us know how it goes from here on out.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 18 of 26

Hi Alex,

One more quick question. Did you have to kill the service, or did just disabling automatic copy do the trick? And do you know what system was stuck?

Thanks again for all the help and information.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 19 of 26

I had completely shut the service down, so I believe none of those programs where running because of that.  Just signing out had not worked. I am going to start it back up this morning and if the problem occurs again I will attemt to shut those down and let you know what the outcome is.  Hopefully this was just a fluke, seeing as I am the only one in the office that had the problem.

Again thanks for all your help.

Message 20 of 26

Thanks Alex,

When you shut them down, was it on your system, or did you have every one in the office shot down the service. I'm wondering what system had the file stuck in limbo.

Thanks for the update and let me know how it goes when you re start the services. And glad we could help lout.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report