Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 speed

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
667 Views, 10 Replies

A360 speed

We have been using 360 as our drive for the last year about and ever since we upgraded to 2016  across the board our computers are in like a perma-sync state. we use only 2 computers and our files are nothing out of the ordinary. they synced perfectly and quickly before but since we switched it has been causing havoc in our opperation. Is there something that changed that is doing this to us or is there someway to fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Drive forum. I have updated my systems from AutoCAD 2015 to 2016 and the file syncing speed seems to be the same. Can you tell me how much data you are syncing to A360 Drive? Also what 2016 products are you using? For example, AutoCAD, or an AutoCAD based vertical product. Last but not least, are you seeing any failures in the sync drive folde? If you look at it in File Explorer, are you seeing all green check marks?

Let us know some more details and we can go from there.

Thanks again for posting your question.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

mainly using autocad 2016 and occasionally revit. The majority of the files are under 1000 kb, but occasionally we have a 30,000 or 40,000 kb revit file (like once a week) and I understand that the large file would make it take longer but most of the issues we are having are with 1, 2, or 300 kb files. No failures but files will go without check marks for hours when it use to only take 10-15 seconds before we upgraded. The only way to pull it out of a perma-sync is just restart the computer and sync again but doing this constantly between 2 computers is a nightmare.

Message 4 of 11
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the update. Are both computers in the same office?   Also can you go to the A360 Drive icon and right click on it.  Then click "Preferences"  Screen grab that and share it here.  

Also what happens if you right click on the A360 icon and click Sync Now?  Does that work?   

Sync now and preferences.jpg

Also for Revit, are you copying the file to the A360 Drive folder so that they sync up to A360 Drive? 

Thanks for getting us more details on this.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Yes, both are in the same office currently, but 360 becomes most important to us when one is out of town, which will be happening tomorrow so hopefully we can get this sorted out today. It is a random crap shoot. Sometimes autosync after saving works normally, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes syncing through the icon works, sometimes it doesnt but not more often than not they all lead to issues and the only time every thing gets updated propperly is through a full restart of my computer.

Putting this in perspective I originally saved a 300kb file 5 minutes before my first post and it is still syncing

all of my files now have a green check except the file I saved and others I have worked on since. Since we only have one of us working today

I haven't needed to reboot to get both computers with the same files

The revit files I recieve via email/ drop box from a partner (who doesnt use 360 hence dropbox) then I take copy the file into 360, manually sync, then use only for reference. I do not re-save them once they are in my files.

also to clarify an easy answer would be poor internet speed/connection but all other forms of internet use are still top notch

here is my preference clip

Capture.JPG

Thank you for all the time and help you are providing

Message 6 of 11
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Jack,

Can you try creating a simple drawing in AutoCAD, then doing a SAVEAS, select A360 Cloud Drive. Right click on the File Navigation dialog and create a new folder. Call it AAA TEST ACAD 2016 or something like that. Then save your test file there. Then go to the system tray and right click on the A360 icon and click Sync now if it is not currently running. Then let me know how long this takes.

Thanks and let me know.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 7 of 11

As an FYI, I just did the same thing and it took 5 minutes for the update. I see the folder and files in A360 Drive.

If that is fast, then go to the second system and click the Sync now option there and see how long it takes to update that system.

Thanks for trying this.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I did this and hit sync and both the folder and the file, as well as all my other files, had green checks by them within

20 seconds and I could find it in my internet drive as well. Even after all the files were checked it the icon on task bar

continues to swirl and say that 360 is syncing still.

Then I tried this again to see if it would sync this folder/file but because it never stops it doesnt seem to realize the file is there 

I then restarted my computer to try to get it to sync and it started syncing and and wouldnt recognize this second file/folder

so I had to restart a second time. After this restart it synced within 15 seconds of rebooting.

It seems like it is getting stuck finalizing the sync, because it properly syncs and gives checks on all the files I originally sync but it just never ends it 

Message 9 of 11
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the update. Are you by chance also syncing customization? Can you go to the Options dialog and uncheck the Customization option and see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks and let me know how this goes.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Im unsure of where to go to make the customization change

but somehow this problem resolved it self I guess because when I

Got here this morning it started working just perfectly again

I didnt make any changes or do anything different

I guess the autodesk gods were just happy with me no

thanks bud for all the time and help

hopefully it keeps working like this 

Message 11 of 11
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the update, and that is very strange. More of an FYI, the change is in the options dialog. From the command line type "OP" and then click on the "online" TAB. Customization is on the right side.

If it happens again, let me know. We can also grab log files and see if anything shows up there. But since you were not seeing any failures, I'm betting the log files will be clean.

Thanks for the update and have a great day. And thanks for hanging in there while we tried to sort out what was going on.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report