Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Drive folder pinned to Quick access in Windows 10.

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
10119 Views, 13 Replies

A360 Drive folder pinned to Quick access in Windows 10.

Hello.  Hopefully I am not missing something obvious.  The A360 Drive folder seems to be permanently pinned to my Quick Access list in File Explorer and I cannot get it to unpin.  I do not use it and would very much like to remove it from the list but clicking "Unpin from Quick access" doesn't do anything.  Any idea what is going on?  I'm using Windows 10 and AutoCAD LT 2014 if that helps any..

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Devin,

Can you please send me a screenshot of where you see Drive Pinned? (i'm not 100% following this just yet)

If from within A360, then i'm wondering if the below steps will help by just allowing you to turn if off from your settings? This will then only allow you to see all your A360 Projects and not Drive at all, but i'm not sure if this is really what you're asking.

Please let me know,

Jupiter Feedback - Enable Drive.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Brett, it is in Windows not A360 itself.

ScreenShot.jpg

Message 4 of 14
BrettWright

Thanks for the screenshot Devin,

• Are you by chance using the A360 Desktop product that "syncs' your local A360 Drive folders to your online A360 Drive?
  • It would have been installed along with an AutoCAD based vertical product or Inventor.
  • It normally would look like the below, however, i'm wondering if it just looks different in WIN10
  • If this is the case, i'll get the right team involved, however just wanted to be sure first.

Let me know,

Drive A360 Desktop.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

I do not have A360 Desktop installed.  It was originally installed with the AutoCAD LT but was never used so it was uninstalled.

One thing I forgot to mention.  I had Windows 8 when everything was originally installed and was upgraded to Windows 10 later.  The A360 Desktop was uninstalled after the upgrade.  Not sure if that matters though.

Thanks for your help with this.  The A360 Drive folder being where it is isn't hurting anything but it's annoying that it's stuck there.

Message 6 of 14
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Devin and Brett,

I did some searching and this seems to be a known issue with Microsoft.  The problem is that you have uninstalled A360 Desktop Drive, but the shortcut is still there. Give the following steps a try and see if it will remove the shortcut from the "Quick access" menu.    

Microsoft Forum Post on this... 

"I realize this thread is several months old, but I found a solution in case anyone comes here from google looking for help. Right click the file explorer icon in your dock, click the item you want to get rid of, and in my case it told me it did not exist and asked me to delete it, which I did. Now it's gone!"

One guy reported that this did not work for him, so you may need to create the shotcut link again with a fake folder, then delete it.  

Hope this helps and please let us know how this goes. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Bud, thanks for the added input.  This is a really odd bug.  I can delete the folder itself but for whatever reason WIndows simply will not remove it from the pinned list.  Even after deleting the actual folder, it still shows up like it does in the screen shot I posted previously.  However, when I click on it, i get this message below.  It's like it's there but it's not there.  I'm just going to chalk this up as a funky Microsoft bug and hope they fix it at some point.  It's not hurting anything, just taking up space on the pinned list.

SS2.jpg

Message 8 of 14
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Devin,

There were a hand full of people in that thread that could not remove the pinned link unless they made a dummy folder. You could re install A360 Drive Desktop Sync so that the folder gets put back. Then try removing the pinned link and see if that works. To install A360 Drive, go through the original AutoCAD LT 2014 install process.

And yes, it's a very strange bug.

Thanks for trying and let us know if adding back A360 Drive Desktop sync allows you to remove the shortcut. I have a feeling that will work.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 9 of 14

Hi Devin,

i found another option that that might work.  Can you try resetting the quick toolbar and see if that works? 

Quick Access link:

Hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

I don't know if y'all got this solved or not but I got mine to go away by creating a folder on my desktop named A360 Drive and then just deleting that folder. This instantly removed the quick access pin.

Message 11 of 14
BrettWright

Thanks for the input here Brent, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

That worked, thanks Brent.  I had tried that before when I first had the issue and it didn't work.  There have been a few Windows updates since then so I'm going to assume they fixed whatever was originally causing the issue.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

This issue has been plaguing me for months. I created the folder, named it A360 Drive, deleted it and voila! Thank you so much for your help, even if I'm 5 years late. 

Message 14 of 14
minh.00000

Thank you! Finally that is the one that worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report