Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault - mapping flat pattern properties

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tegstette
241 Views, 0 Replies

Vault - mapping flat pattern properties

HiSmiley Happy

I am trying to add a flat-pattern-formula via Edit Property in Vault

"=<FLAT PATTERN AREA> cm"

I add the formula to my custom prop Area via Edit Property in Vault. Area is mapped both ways.

When I open the file in Inventor - without updating properties - I can see the formula is working.

But when I check the file out the file is replaced by the result of the formula - but now it is text and will not change when editing the part.

I have added other formulas in Vault to custom properties this way and it has worked fine - but this has been standard inventor-properties (like =<Title>, =<Part Number>, etc)

Why does it not work with flat-pattern-formulas? Seem to be the same problem with custom properties - if you add a formula with custom properties via Edit properties in Vault...

If I add the formula first in Inventor and check it in to Vault it will alway stay a formula. But I want to add the formula to many files, so it would be very easy and quick to do in Vault... but it don't seem to work...

Any good / crative ideas???Smiley Happy

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report