Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Image Quality

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
20329 Views, 3 Replies

Importing Image Quality

Hello,

I'm importing several different .jpg and .bmp pictures into Inventor on a .dwg sheet. The pictures are just cautionary instructions when handling with this product that I have converted into 2D with project views. The problem is that the pictures are good quality on my computer screen, but when I print it the image quality is horrible. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just to clarify, when you say you import the picture, are you doing so in a sketch, sketched symbol or just using the "Insert Object" option?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I'm not sure if I've heard of the sketched symbol or "Insert Object". What I'm currently doing is editing my border and title block and using the "Insert Image" button (right beside Modify, and Finish Sketch button).

"Just to clarify, when you say you import the picture, are you doing so in a sketch, sketched symbol or just using the "Insert Object" option?"
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I am running into the same problem. So I am going to work through this and what you get below is what I did in the last hour or so...

A picture is worth 1000 words so why is it so difficult to insert an image into a drawing?

I have a high quality picture I wanted to embed in the drawing to aid our assembly staff. Please see below what I have tried and the brief description of results.

1. Insert Picture into Sketch symbol - Results in an image but with much less resolution and some discoloration as a result when viewed on the screen, but when I looked at print preview it was much better. It may be a graphics hardware issue when looking at it in idw view. This is an Embeded picture without a link.
2. Insert Object (.bmp) Create new Microsoft Project->Edit->Paste from File> (can use almost any image) Poor to fair resolution on screen, but may be adequate in some cases, looks better in print preview
3. Insert Object (.bmp) from file, no link, no icon - Poor to fair resolution on screen, but may be adequate in some cases, looks better in print preview
4. Inserting Picture into part file sketch and inserting part into idw (without solid) - picture doesn't show up
5. Inserting Picture into part file sketch and inserting part into idw (with solid extruded) - picture doesn't show up

Notes:
- BMP, can't be too large it will fail. I have put a BMP image of 356KB and it came out acceptable. Over about 12MB

I would think that the ability to simply insert a picture (.jpg or other formats) into a drawing without a reduction in resolution SHOULD be part of the basic funtionality of Inventor. Why hasn't this happened yet?

What does this mean? In my opinion, the easiest way to get a basic picture into a drawing...
1. Convert it to .bmp
2. Insert Object from file, no link, no icon
3. If you get your .bmp from a high resolution file (.jpg for example) keep the file as large as possible but small enough to be inserted. I found 11MB was about the largest I could fit in there. However I wouldn't advise such a large file.

Key words:

Autodesk Inventor IDW insert image in drawing picture .bmp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report