Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection wizzard_ Curb returns

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1628 Views, 8 Replies

Intersection wizzard_ Curb returns

Why sometimes when u create intersection with the wizzard tool curb return alignment profiles gets 0 elevation ? I fix it by recreating profile for that alignment but it takes time..

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm only guessind that the regions dont match up with the mainline and side street.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

belive it or not,

the wizard will not work when you have more than two alignments.

it will create the curb returns with zero elevation.

Not sure if this is what is happening in your case.

somebody droped the ball on this one. It is not uncommon to have an intersection in a land development project with more than two alignments.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Actually this has happened to us for T-intersections too, with only two alignments. The "through" portion will generate correctly but the curb returns won't be developed. Up until now we have no idea why, considering it doesn't always happen.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I solved it in kinda stupid and easy way... Thats amazing how funny civil 3d can be.. ( or its just silly me )

In example. I had to create: primary road offset alignments 3.0 m, lane slopes  -2.5 %

secondary road  offset alignments 1.5 m , curb returns R=5 , lane slopes 0.0 %, curb return profile extensions - "NO" .

SO WHAT I DID TO FIX IT: i randomly created bigger intersection with secondary road offset alignments 3.0 m, lane slopes 2,0 % , R=10, curb return profile extensions 10 m ( actually it was my civil 3d default settings ) and then i just edited  all of those parameters in intersection modify tool . And magically  my curb return had right profile with good elevations. The only problem left- you get a bit chaos  with regions, but u can correct  them in 2-4 minutes.

Still its bad i could not solve the reason of this **** happening.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I nearly forgot to add this, sometimes we can solve this by using a smaller radius of curvature for the curb; doesn't always work though.

Message 7 of 9
randyspear6624

Slightly off topic, but do you guys know for sure if the curb return profiles are supposed to update if you road profiles change? My profiles are never locked by the way. Any insight would be appreciated.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I just found the solution to this on a similar thread about the intersection wizard. First, does the wizard give you a notice that reads something like, "one or more of the secondary profiles can not be pinned at this location," if so the problem is that you have inadvertently created two layouts for one profile and it can't pin to both so it doesn't pin to either. If you go into your toolspace and delete the extra layout under the alignments you're using it will work like normal.

Hope this helps,

CHris

Message 9 of 9
steve_davidson

This worked for me.  The intersection was on steep ground with a very accute angle of intersection.  A small change to the curb return fillet radius (from 5m to 3m) pulled the feature line up from zero and it all works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report