Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2014 extremely slow after C3D2015 install

43 REPLIES 43
SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
Jeff_M
2963 Views, 43 Replies

C3D2014 extremely slow after C3D2015 install

I mean real slow....what used to take 8-10 seconds to start C3D2014 to Drawing1 now takes 90-120 seconds. When I can finally click the A icon in upper left corner it takes 10-15 seconds before I can select a recent dwg to open. Once I do select a dwg, the dwg that took ~5 seconds to load previously now takes ~90 seconds.

I have run a repair install on C3D2014 with no change in these times. I've run ProcessMonitor to see if there's anything obvious and I sure don't see anything. Does anyone else with both these versions installed see the same type of slowdown?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
43 REPLIES 43
Message 2 of 44
pendean
in reply to: Jeff_M

OS?
Message 3 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I have installed both products (besides of others, of course) and don't have that issue. I'm running Win7x64, what os do you have?

As I read a lot with 2015 about graphic cards, what gc do you have? If you have the option with 2 gc's is the problem the same when you try to start the C3D's on the Intel-gc's instead the nVidia or AMD?

And to make sure it's not profile-specific, does the same happen when you login

a) with another user account

b) with another user account having admin permissions

c) with your primary account, but starting C3D with right-click and option "start as administrator"

BTW: what process is active when starting C3D 2014 needs that amount of time?

And a last question (for now): are you sure your C3D's are disconnected from Autodesk 360, so on the upper right corner you don't see your 360-login-ID.

2014-04-19 11-55-24.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 44
antoniovinci
in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:
OS?

Well, an Expert Elite with > 20k posts should NOT ask such questions, sir: Autocad C3D2015 runs only on Windows x64, period.

@ Jeff - first of all, I'd perform s system restore to a pre-fail state, so WIN-R => RSTRUI => OK

Message 5 of 44
Jeff_M
in reply to: pendean

Dean, more data:

Sager "Notebook" NP7280, i7-960@3.20, 12GB, 128gb SSD, 500gb 7200rpm HDD, nVidia GeForce GTX 470M, Win7 Pro x64 

Alfred, 

Autodesk360: not signed in. Only the single graphics card available. 

I have found that C3D2013 is also now just as slow as 2014. C3D2012 is unaffected.

Testing with 'run as administrator' does show some promise, as C3D2014 does open quicker and access to the MRU documents is also quicker, albeit not at the pre-C3D2015 speeds. What I found is that when using this option, Windows 'forgets' any drives defined by the SUBST DOS command so my support paths are no longer used. So I rechecked those paths and they all do exist (remember, this was a perfectly working setup prior to installing 2015).

I do not have any other User accounts on this computer, will create one and report back.

EESignature
Message 6 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> What I found is that when using this option, Windows 'forgets' any drives defined by the SUBST DOS command

>> so my support paths are no longer used

Just a thought, even not sure about that. But if C3D starts faster with opt "as admin" and so when the support paths are removed ... is it possible that if you remove the SUBSTituded drive letters your C3D starts fast also without the option "as admin", with other words the paths includes something that makes C3D2014 slow?

Maybe there was something installed from C3D2015 into that paths that results in time-lags?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 44
Jeff_M
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have a second laptop with Win8.1 as the OS, otherwise essentially setup identically to this one. It is currently installing IDSU2015, curious to see if I get the same issue with it.
EESignature
Message 8 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> currently installing IDSU2015

So was the previous installation also from IDS? If so we have different packages as I have installed single products as they were released, not as IDS-package (AutoCAD 2015, then Map3D 2015, then C3D 2015 ... all after the previous products were installed.

Might be a difference.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 44
Jeff_M

No, the one I first noticed the slowdown on is a standalone install of C3D, both 2014 & 2015, no IDS on this computer.

EESignature
Message 10 of 44
antoniovinci

Sounds like some DLLs were overwritten by the C3D2015 installation.

The best solution would be restoring a pre-2015 state, waiting for a Service Pack.

Another is to fix the current state thru a repair of the C3D2014 installation.

Happy Easter to everybody!

Message 11 of 44
Jeff_M
in reply to: antoniovinci

Well, after 2 more reboots (the first being the one I did immediately following the2015 install) everything seems to be working .normally now. 

EESignature
Message 12 of 44
antoniovinci

Good job, J.M.

Message 13 of 44
nikoue
in reply to: antoniovinci

I have the opposite problem.

I have install civil 3d 2015 trial and i open a project that i heve made with civil 3d 2013.

When i use a realistic style in civil 3d 2015 the zoom in and zoum out in a model view  using the mouse scroll became extremlly slow.

If i use the orbit tool then the zoom in and out works fine.

I have try to save and audit the project with civil 3d 2015 but the problem exists.

If i reopened with civil 3d 2013 everything works fine.

The problem is with reallistic views

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

Message 14 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nikoue

Hi,

what graphiccard do you have, what version + have you tried to play with the hardware-acceleration (on and off)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 15 of 44
nikoue

See my system specification.

I turn on and of hardware acceleration. Nothing happen.

If i start the orbit command, even if i don’t orbit the model the zoom in zoom out work fine.

The same model in civil 3d 2013 works fine.

I see also that corridor rebuilt takes more time.

And some times when the autosave command takes too much.

Does anyone else have the same issues?

Or maybe my machine needs a format?

Message 16 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

does the slowness only appear in realistic mode? So "shaded" or "conceptual" do work at normal speed?

I'm really surprised, that hardware acceleration on and off make no difference. Are you sure that your Civil3D is running on the AMD-card (and not a built in Intel HD)? Can you open the hardware acceleration window, make a screenshot and upload it here?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 17 of 44
nikoue

I dont have an intel hd in motherboard.

See the screenshot

Message 18 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

...does the slowness only appear in realistic mode? So "shaded" or "conceptual" do work at normal speed?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 19 of 44
nikoue

I have just checked.

All views except 2d Wireframe are the same slow.

Message 20 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

well, I don't have any more ideas about that except of: do you have the same issue with another drawing/project?
 ... or is this specific to this one drawing?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report