Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Dots in Art Render!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1272 Views, 1 Reply

White Dots in Art Render!

Hello! I left a render over night thinking it would get rid of all the little white dots but it didn’t! What could be the cause of this?? 

DD8A86D6-E23A-499A-99AD-00DF3617E047.jpeg

I have a couple photometric lights and some self illuminated bulbs and mostly everything is matte except the backsplash tiles and wood. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Francisco_Penaloza
in reply to: Anonymous

Those seem to be glossy samples, one solution is to give more samples or time to render until it can clean all those areas.

Now that will take forever because I am guessing you placed the light inside the glass, that type of sampling take a long time in any render engine.

What I would recommend is to fake it.

You can place the light outside your glass and place a simple self-illuminated geometry inside, lower the intensity and let the light do it job.

You could also leave the light inside the lamp but exclude the glass from that light, so it is not sampled.

Having said that, ART Render doesn't have many features to adjust this type of problem, if these workarounds do not fix your problem I would strongly recommend looking for a more advance render engine, such Arnold or V-Ray, Corona renders or others.

Let us know how it goes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report