Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which settings should i do to achive this tyre rubber? (Vray)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
afsezen
375 Views, 4 Replies

Which settings should i do to achive this tyre rubber? (Vray)

thank you already.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobH2
in reply to: afsezen

It isn't a setting, it's a process. There it no automatic modifier to create tire tread. Here's a Google Search for 'creating tire treads.' 

https://www.google.com/search?q=3d+tire+tread+tutorial+youtube&sxsrf=AB5stBhQiyQZjaWPP26Qg68C0AaY5sr...

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
afsezen
in reply to: RobH2

sorry there is an misunderstanding because of me. I already create the tire. just cant make it the material correctly look like that.

Message 4 of 5
CAMedeck

The VRayMat has a rubber material preset that would give you a good start.  One thing to keep in mind is that the image you posted has lighting and possibly bounce cards to get the reflections and colors looking just right.  So even the material applied to those tires will likely not look as good with a more basic lighting setup and nothing to reflect.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
RobH2

I would go online and Google "rubber material 3ds Max' or something if you don't have much experience making your own materials. 

Otherwise, Rubber is pretty simple. It's a very, vary dark gray, not completely black, with a tiny bit of reflection and low glossiness. A small amount of noise in the 'Bump' map might help as well. 

Learning to make materials is very important to your success in 3d. I'd recommend, just make a black material in Arnold and start an interactive render. Then light your scene and tweak the material every way you can think of till it looks right. In the end, you'll come up with a nice rubber tire material and learn a lot along the way. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report