Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vray rendering the metal material issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2642 Views, 4 Replies

vray rendering the metal material issues

i use vray 3.2 for 3ds max 2014. why the metal material with vray is no highlight on the planar?  i upload the rendering picture on below.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rendermaster
in reply to: Anonymous

it could be that the reflecting object is out of range and or not viewable on the planar surface, try to mimic by supplying light object viewable on planars angle and or, try hdri as your environment

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 3 of 5
kgokhangurbuz

Hi @Anonymous;

You are most probably using a basic lighting, that's why you dont see any cool light reactions on your reflection;

please do the following and share your rendering again;

-Find a Studio HDRI image, preferably in .hdr format

-Create a VRay Dome Light in your scene, preferably in top or perspective viewport

-Select Dome light, go to Modify, under Basic parameters, Click on Texture button

-Apply a VRayHDRI map from the Material / Map browser

-Re-render with your desired light multiplier.

Kind regards;

Message 4 of 5
Francisco_Penaloza

Glass and metals are all about reflections, if there is nothing to reflect, the material won't look as you hope.

Take a look a photography light rigs or studios to get an idea how to setup your environment or lighting to produce nice studio images.

Message 5 of 5

This is exactly what i needed! I have some great HDRIs and was wondering why my materials didn't reflect them. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report