Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vray rendering problems - too much noise and background partially covered

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2573 Views, 8 Replies

Vray rendering problems - too much noise and background partially covered

Hi everyone,

Am pretty new to 3ds max. Have been stuck with this issue for some days now. My background is covered by a plane or something when i render (background has to be added again) and the render just has too many spots on it. Please help! Am using 3ds max 2017.

7.png8.png9.png10.pngcamera viewcamera view1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.pngrendered imagerendered image

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Francisco_Penaloza
in reply to: Anonymous

Do yourself a favor and please, please read the Help Docs from Chaos group.

If you are new to a software you should not just copy someone else settings and hope your scene looks great, it just won't happens.

Refer the manual, in there you can find lots of infor on how the system work and how to fix your issues.

Your settings are all over, totally unessesary for this simple, scene, if you reset all settings, put everything to default you'll get a better image than this.

The background image problem can be the intensity of the self-illuminated material you are using, but this will depend also on your exposure.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Francisco_Penaloza

Thank you! Yeah, I known it’s a bad idea to copy settings but i have no clue 😞. I’ll try them

Didn’t get the background part though....
Message 4 of 9
Francisco_Penaloza

It is hard to give you input without knowing more of your scene.  Did you build this or you download it from someone else?

Usually, people place images on lanes to fake a background, if this is the case you need to increase the brightness of your image to compensate the exposure of your camera or the brightness of other lights.

Default render setting of VRay will work in most scenes, just be sure to increase render time. the default is 1 minute, this may not be enough for some scenes. you can put 0 (Zero) on the time and this will render until the whole scene is clean, depending on your machine this could be a few minutes or hours.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

01-22.png

set render settings to default and changed the render time too, got rid of the spots on the wall, but the render is still blurred......trying to learn how to adjust the render settings, still more help would be appreciated....Thank you!!

Message 6 of 9
Francisco_Penaloza

It is a long process, but this can help others too.

I was writing some steps but is taking to long, if you can wait I can do a quick video explaining the basic process and you can take it from there.

If you like you could share the scene with me and I can do the video tonight with your file, otherwise, I can create something similar.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Got the background fixed, it was a problem with the mesh file (it had a vray plane). Sure I can share the file, thank you so much!!

tried a different view today,

got to adjust the lighting and get rid of the reflections from the wall nextgot to adjust the lighting and get rid of the reflections from the wall next

Message 8 of 9
Francisco_Penaloza

Well, here is the video, it explains pretty much all the issues that you have now.

Best luck.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/09e0dfeb-1f7d-4e39-9b4a-46395b81f65f

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you again! the render is much much better now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report