Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too much noise/white spots in 3ds max vray render

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
139872 Views, 14 Replies

too much noise/white spots in 3ds max vray render

Hey guys, I have some trouble with my renders, even with very high resolution i get these grains(noise),white pixel spots all over my render.. what could be the issue? thanx !

Screenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
kgokhangurbuz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi;

Can you please share your scene with me so i can take a closer look?

Regards;

Message 3 of 15
rendermaster

would you mind to post a screen shot of your settings for us to properly evaluate the problem

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 4 of 15
Ihno
in reply to: rendermaster

Definitely too less primary samples...
Do you use the standart setting of V-Ray?
If yes, in the Progressive image Sampler rollout is a parametar called render time (min). Turn it to zero and V-ray will render as long as it needs to reach the Noise Threshold which is exposed in the same rollout. To ajust how clean it gets, simply lower the Noise threshold; 0.005 should give you a quite clean image.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: kgokhangurbuz

Hey..I have attached the render scenes below .. Thanx
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

ok i attached the file below.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: rendermaster

I have test rendered this scene with a simple vray sun and sky, no hdri yet added. so the only settings i have touched so far are - GI,VRAY-color mapping+global switches , settings-  (i have attached the settings screenshots below.) 

this also happens on a very standard render of a wall with some grass and a simple sun and sky,still the same issue happens.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Ihno

Thanx for the response.. i changed the settings in  Progressive image Sampler , a much different outcome. however it is still unclear. i have attached the changes below. 

Message 9 of 15
kgokhangurbuz

Hi;

I inspected your scene.

First of all, this is just a sampling issue, you are not getting enough sampling for your object(s).

Can you please try this:

Go to Rendering > Render Setup > V-Ray

Under Global DMC rollout, increase the amount of Subdivisions Multiplier to "4" (this will multiply all your subdivisions amounts in your scene by 4

Under Bucket Image Sampler Tab, Increase Max Subdivisions amount to 100.

then go to GI Tab

Under light cache settings, change scale type from screen to World.

Share your result with me after these changes please.

Regards;

Message 10 of 15
Ihno

Since youre using 3.2 you should really take a look at this tutorial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKaKvWqTFlw

If you have a license simply download the 3.4, it improves the sampling alot.
Since 3.3 there is usually no need to do anything other than change the noise threshold and rendertime (In case of progressive).
This is a very good post 3.3 sampling tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS3XP9TDCwM

@kgokhangurbuz's suggestion is very good 😉 as usual. Dont want to call it invalid. 🙂
I think the Bucked Image sampler rollout was called Adaptive in 3.2 Also he would need to change the type from progessive to Adaptive first.
Sorry for being a smartass. Smiley Embarassed

The tutorials will make you able to setup the sampling for most scenes yourself.

Message 11 of 15
kgokhangurbuz

Yes, I'm sorry that i didn't mention the earlier versions rollout names but the 3.4 versions only, thanks for reminding and pointing that out, @Ihno!

With the 3.4 Version, all bucket sampling modes (Adaptive, Adaptive Subdivison and Fixed options) are combined under Bucket mode. Therefore there are only two rendering modes are shown as: Progressive and Bucket modes.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Hello.. Thanks for the response..

I worked on the DMC and changed the remaining settings as you mentioned .

There was a major change !! I have attached the image below.However the white wall still has some very noticeable spots, could that be a material issue perhaps ? and also can you spot the black lines on the edge of the walls .. ?

well up to here, there is a big difference from where i started, so thank you very much!! Cause i did solve the white grainy spot issue .. any further tips on the above issue would be great 🙂

regards,

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

I will check the links out and try to update to 3.4.. much appreciated!!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

thanks it was helpful

Message 15 of 15
dpsd1989

Hi!

I am facing the same problem.

I use a silver reflection texture material for teh curtain in my scene. Also the quality is very low even that I set the resolution (noise) 4000 x 2250

intense white spots and low resolution.jpg

adjustments.JPG

  adjustments 2.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report