Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spotlight in 3ds max with Arnold

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
swechachhap0608
477 Views, 5 Replies

spotlight in 3ds max with Arnold

Spotlight stopped working in 3ds Max even after giving adjusting intensity and exposuer . I'm using 3ds max 2022.

not getting any difference in render . Render is Arnold.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wernienst
in reply to: swechachhap0608

Arnold will not work with standard lights. Use photometric lights or, better yet, use Arnold's own light object.

Message 3 of 6
swechachhap0608
in reply to: wernienst

I'm using spot(light)from arnold only.

see the attachment.

Message 4 of 6
wernienst

The Radius of your light seems very low. Increase it to maybe 4. Normalize Energy should be deactivated.

If that does not help, then - assuming that nothing is blocking the light - there are other areas to check.

First, Exposure Control (Environment and Effects). Choose Physical Camera Exposure Control and a reasonable Global Exposure Value, maybe 6.0. If Use Physical Camera Controls If Available is active and there is such a camera in your scene, you must also check its settings. The Exposure/Exposure Gain Target value should match the Global Exposure Value you've set before. Check also ISO, Aperture and Shutter values, even if Target is active. Sometimes, by unknown reason, ISO is set to 0.0.

Message 5 of 6
wernienst

...and finally: Both Color and Filter Color of the light should be white except you want a colorized illumination.

Message 6 of 6
swechachhap0608
in reply to: wernienst

Thankyou very much.

above points helped me a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report