Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

see through eyelids ???

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
601 Views, 2 Replies

see through eyelids ???

not even sure if this is the  correct place to post this but i am totally stumped.

i have created a character who is noe rigged and has morph targets.

i imported him into my scene and now i have noticed when i move around the scene his eyes appear to move ...???

Untitled.png

As you can see when the eye is closed with the eyeball inside.

if i move slightly around the eye becomes visable and i can even click on it to select the eye.

Untitled2.png

i am at a loss ??? if anyone can help that would be great.

cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAMedeck
in reply to: Anonymous

If it doesn't render that way, I would not worry about it too much.  When two surfaces are very near eachother, Max's viewport can sometimes get confused about which surface should be visible.  This is usually when dealing with very small objects, very large objects, or geometry that is far away from the origin.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CAMedeck

it actually did render, checked several times to make sure.

I have solved the character issues now by moving all my objects closer to the origin.

I do still get flickering with my larger objects such as my island and sea but hopefully they render out correctly.

cheers for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report