Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved image resolution does not match output size

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2539 Views, 2 Replies

Saved image resolution does not match output size

Hello,

I'm having a problem when trying to save a rendered image from 3dsmax Vray. I set the output size in the render setup to the desired resolution (720x720). I then hit render. When the render is done I simply save out the image, but when opened out of max or put in photoshop, the resolution is wrong (2027x2027).

I've tried unchecking 'Get resolution from MAX'. I've checked if I have a test resolution on in the VFB.
I've not changed anything that I know of. I was already saving out images and it was fine. But It's just suddenly done it. 
I've noticed the renders are also slower, so there's probably even more going on. But I wouldn't know, I don't even know what resolution its rendering at because the VFB shows no info. It's very annoying. I'm really giving up on 3dsmax.

Any help would be great thanks. 

Labels (8)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update:

So I'm using a vray light material. When I remove the light material and render, then save. The resolution changes..... but still not the resolution I asked for. This time its 1403x1403.
What is going on!?!?!?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found the issue!

It's nothing to do with materials.

Vray doesn't seem to like region rendering. After doing a region render, sometimes it would change the entire resolution. Even updating or changing the res in render setup would do nothing.

To fix it, I would have to close the VFB completely then do another render from the render setup. It would then update.

Very strange. Maya Arnold has a similar issue but not with resolution but just not updating, and 'updating full scene' would do nothing. You have to close then re open maya. Or close the RenderView and re open that.

Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report