Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Baking Normal Map

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
612 Views, 1 Reply

Problems Baking Normal Map

Hi,

First of all i would like to say hello, as i am a new here.

Now, back to my problem. I am a student  of HND, so my  experiences with 3ds max are limited, and i need advice from someone experienced.

My problem is that i can not bake a Normal map using mental ray with my current scene (other scenes works fine). I am getting "system exception occured during render" error. My current scene contains camera, biped, rigged mesh and one plane (for projection). I am trying to project this mesh on the plane. I am also using more materials, all of them are Arch & Design mental ray, some of them just basic setup (plastic, steel etc.), other are using custom textures. I think problem is that mesh uses arch & design + 3D Diplacement (i think 3D displacement is problem in this case). It is possible to get this work? I really can't use normal displacement as my computer can't handle so dense mesh.

See picture below:

scene.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found a solution. That plane with projection modifier had no material applied. After appling material supported by mental ray renderer everything seems to work fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report