Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Material normal map export

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
872 Views, 0 Replies

Physical Material normal map export

Hi everyone, I just downloaded 3DS Max 2021 because I read it now supports physical material import and export better, and I need to be able to export models with PBR textures already applied, to have them all nice and ready to be used in various ways (such as looking right when seen in windows's 3D viewer, it's basically a requirement). 

I have some issues though, as every time I try exporting a model using a physical material and a normal bump node, I get a "Texture export incompatibility" warning and when I open it in the 3D viewer the normal map is absent, and weirdly enough the roughness map is used for metalness (which seems to be an unrelated issue though).

Right now my best option is to export my models using babylon.js's exporter plugin and use the glb format (where the textures seem to be exported right), but is there any way, a different shader perhaps, that would work with an fbx export, without the need for a plugin ?

I tried the new "PBR Material" shaders but they don't seem to export textures at all.

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report