Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Backburner Setup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
icsftreg
317 Views, 2 Replies

My Backburner Setup

I want to make sure that this will work before I go through the setup.

Available Equipment:

1 Lab (20 stations) with Autodesk software installed

1 Lab (20 staitons) with no Autodesk software installed

1 Windows 2008 server

I would like to use both labs for rendering and the server to manage the jobs.  I know that the second lab will need backbruner installed and I assume which ever autodesk software that I am rendering from.  Correct?

For the server, I know the service that needs to be installed and set to automatically run for rendering node and that is fine.  If I want the server to manage the jobs is there another service that I need to have isntalled and running?  A user will not be logged into the server when jobs are running so the Manager needs to be running in teh background.

Currntly we have a station that a user logs into and opened the Manager software and he will submit the job.  I want to be able to have it setup that the user can then log out and have the job continue to render.

Any help I can get would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pixelschieber
in reply to: icsftreg

1. This would be a better place for your question.

2. "I know that the second lab will need backbruner installed and I assume which ever autodesk software that I am rendering from.  Correct?"

Correct. As for Backburner and the render nodes: you only need the server part ("serversvc.exe -i"), you don´t need the manager service there of course.

3. For the server: you only need to install Backburner and install the manager service only, nothing else.

4. Your setup will be a standard one, nothing special. It´s all covered in the docs.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: icsftreg

@icsftreg wrote:

Currntly we have a station that a user logs into and opened the Manager software and he will submit the job.

This bit is wrong, manager will run on the fileserver only, nowhere else. Maybe what you mean is, one machine is the workstation with the licensed version of Max which submits jobs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report