Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model color darkening - scene not rendering

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
521 Views, 4 Replies

model color darkening - scene not rendering

Dear all,

I imported an fbx model from Revit to 3ds Max for texturing, render etc. For some period the model was behaving fine and I was able to do some basic mental ray renderings. The materials were the default from revit and the model was shown gray when modeling or rendering. Suddenly after one open the model was turning to some more gray value after some seconds of its click outside the model and the scene was not rendering any more. When rendering I get not but a completely gray image. I didn't change anything in the settings meanwhile at least not anything by accident. Can you please help me with what it is going on? Regards 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, i think it will be easier to troubleshoot your problem if you could pack and attach your problematic scene here.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Eric thank you very much. It seems that the scene is too large to upload here. I did clicked compress on save and used winrar to zip but still the file is large. Any other idea? Should I just print screen? Regards

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, you could copy your scene, delete some objects and keep the problematic parts, until you can attach it.

Or you can provide the maximum of informations, 3ds max version with your last service pack, some print screen where we can clearly see the problem, the render engine used and some special settings if it's the case, etc.. Do you have the same problem with a new scene and a couple of primitives? Do you have the same problem with this scene if you open it on another computer?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Eric,

Sorry for my late reply but I was installing a new SSD and it took me some time to make the whole system run again... Finally my problem was with the viewport lighting and shadow options... I had no light in the scene and the tick was in the illuminate with scene light option instead of illuminate with default lights... Anyway thank you very much for your assistance so far. I appreciate it. Regards, Stergios

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report