Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Converter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3590 Views, 4 Replies

Material Converter

Hi guys, I am trying to export my Revit model into Unity to develop the VR model, but when I am trying to change the material properties of Revit in 3ds max by using script I couldn't able to find amc_3101.mse script then I thought of either way to change the material properties by using Universal Material Converter(UMC) still couldn't able to find that option. Please, can any body suggest me how to get that script or UMC option. And if there is any other way to do that please let me know ? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. Not sure I understand your question fully, but....

When exporting from Max to Unity in general, you need to convert your materials to "Standard" materials,. That can be done with the UMC commercial converter. You can buy it here: www.3dstudio.nl/webshop/product/1-universal-material-converter

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi. I am having the same problem but I have the 3D object in Vray and I have to convert it to Standard Material to import to Unity since that this software only Standard materials.

I speak with 3D Studio to get any trial UMC version but , they offer us a free conversion instead.

Hope this help

Best Regards

Alejandro

Message 4 of 5
maxtoolsQUR5M

Hi, guys!

For convert Revit (Architectural) materials to V-Ray materials you can use the excellent "V-RayMtl Converter" script available here: https://maxtools.3dzver.ru/vmc
All other converters spoil the materials after conversion and then they need to be finalized and adjusted for a long time. Only "V-RayMtl Converter" converts materials as correctly as possible, preserving all parameters and textures. Also, this script allows the converting of such scene components as lights, cameras, proxies, modifiers, etc. A complete list of materials, maps and other scene components supported for conversion can be found here: https://maxtools.3dzver.ru/sc/vmc3_supportlist.txt

Message 5 of 5
Richard.Vivanco
in reply to: PROH

Press F11 and try this:

for i in geometry do i.material = StandardMaterial name:("MAT_" + i.name)

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report