Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR MESSAGE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO RENDER

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
moycoas
2968 Views, 2 Replies

ERROR MESSAGE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO RENDER

Hello, newbie in this forum.

When i try to render my scene, i get the following message. 

An exception occurred while rendering with 3ds Max.

This render will abort. If you render again without resolving the exception, you may experience instability.

Unknown Exception.

I have realized, that if i hide the lest half region of my scene, i can render with no problem, but i tried to isolate every object and i dont know yet which is the problematic object.

Could someone with a gold heart be my savior and with your advanced knowledge, plugins or scripts check my scene and help me realize which is this object that is not letting me render?

3ds Max 2019

Attempting to render with corona renderer 4

info lap.JPGerror.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
miledrizk
in reply to: moycoas

Hi,

Open a new Max file, and from the File - Import, choose Merge,

Now when you choose your scene you'll be presented with a list of all the objects inside,

Select a few of them and merge, try to render now using the same render settings,

If all is good, save the file so you can preserve your clean geometry and Merge again a new

Set of objects, repeat the process until you find your problematic object/objects

------------------------------------------------------
miledrizk@gmail.com
3DS Max 2021, V-Ray 5.2
3DS Max user since 2003 (3DS Max 7)
V-Ray user since 2008 (V-Ray 1.47)
My YouTube Channel http//www.youtube.com/c/MiledRizk
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: moycoas

Hi,

I had the same problem with the same rendering engine. (Corona) My scene was heaavier on xfres, so i started debugging and finally i find it! I xrefed some "corona lights" to my scene and that was the problem, on the other hand materials that "corona light material" mapped doesn't cause any problems. After i deleted that xrefed lights, even though i get "corona error messages" on the error panel like "Autodeks generic mat." or "Normal map problem" i can still render. 

So, the problem was xrefed corona lights, not that material errors in my case. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report