Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cryptomatte AOV's show only in ActiveShade window

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
747 Views, 3 Replies

cryptomatte AOV's show only in ActiveShade window

Dear all,

Working on the latest version of 3ds max with Arnold rendering engine. I experience the following problem:

Just installed cryptomatte to be able to create ObjectID passes for my scenes. Although it is available to use its features both in production rendering and in activeshade, it seems to be working ONLY for the latter option.

Despite the fact that I apply the same settings in the Production rendering options, the cryptomatte channels DO NOT load for some reason. 

Any ideas are always welcome!

Thanks a bunch.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever solve this?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hey there!

Yes! Only recently I found out that in order for the AOV's to be rendered in Production mode, once you set up the crypto matte shader just like described in the Arnold website, you have to make sure that you (1) enable the save option (render settings) for the rendered image and (2) choose OpenEXR as the file format. Also, make sure that (3) you have the Put Image File List(s) in Output Path(s) option enabled as well. Once the rendered files are completed, try to access them with Photoshop or any other application. You might notice that the Cryptomatte EXR files are completely black (with no layers); if that is the case, it just means that you are lacking the related EXR patches (or plugins) for the Photoshop. These can be downloaded for free. Once installed everything should work smoothly from now on, even when you batch render multiple files. 

Let me know if that helped!

Cheers,

Adam.  

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

have a look at this post as well. I hope it helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report