Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot read texture image

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
295 Views, 0 Replies

cannot read texture image

I have had problems with getting 3ds max 2013 models to show correctly in Unity 3D.  I have purchased some models--which came complete with texture or overlay or whatever (bitmaps) that show perfectly in 3ds Max.  However, when I either import in to Unity or save as a FBX file and then try to import, both have only the mesh object without showing the texture, or whatever it is called.  I tried doing uvmapping, unwrap but without success--all I can do is shift around the picture in 3ds Max.

What am I doing wrong, or how do I ensure that the model has all the information needed?  I have made other things in 3ds MAX that imported OK but had colors applied and not bitmaps.  Also, none of the stuff I imported showed a uvmap unlike all the stuff that was in the asset I am using within the unity program.  I suspect it is something I need to do/am not doing right in 3ds Max.

I include the model that, believe it or not, is causing problems.  It is a chocolate egg...

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report