Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ART RENDER BLACK LINE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
715 Views, 5 Replies

ART RENDER BLACK LINE

hello I am new to the ART render and I am doing a cartoonish animation so should i stick with mental ray render for that?

I attached two images the first one was done using ART render without light or anything and it has this black line how can i get rid of it?

the second one was done using mental ray render also without lighting but it has very bright light how to fix that?

I really appreciate the help.ca_Ink_LI.jpgcar_Ink_LI.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Francisco_Penaloza
in reply to: Anonymous

By default Max always will have a light in the scene, that black area and the white reflection on Mental Ray sample seems like glossy reflection to me.

On the art Render sample it looks like you don't have any lights.

At least you should setup your background to a white color and use the environment to lit your scene for both test, Art render and Mental ray.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Francisco_Penaloza

thank you so much for the help 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Francisco_Penaloza

no problems, glade to help.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hello again am so orry for bothering but i really need help with lighting. I am making an animation scene where it is facing the windows. So i have to make indoor lighting and outdoor lighting what to use? If ill use daylight system through the window it will look fine but the inside dark or it will be too bright any idea? Or even a tutorial link thank you so much
Message 6 of 6
Francisco_Penaloza

Well that's a natural effect of the camera trying to adjust to the different lighting between outside and inside.

One way to adjust is increasing the light intensity of the interior lights.  or diminish the intensity of your Mental Ray sun.

Other trick is placing a portal sky light on the window and check visible in to render and change the default color from white to a dark gray, this will let you control how much of the outside sky you can see without affecting the light coming in to the window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report