Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold Map Ramp Float (bug)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
f_coltro
343 Views, 3 Replies

Arnold Map Ramp Float (bug)

Hello everyone,

I’ve just created two ramp float maps, and I’ve noticed that when I make changes to one, the other automatically updates as well. Even though both were created separately, they seem to be linked. Could anyone confirm this behavior?

To test it, you can create a new scene, add a map (Arnold > Textures > Ramp Float), and then add another one. Change the value of the first map and observe if the second one also changes.

3ds Max 2024.2.1 / MAXtoA 5.6.6.2

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
f_coltro
in reply to: f_coltro

I conducted further tests and observed that when I switch between selecting different map types after choosing ramp float maps, the paramenter editor's display updates to the newly selected type. Is this behavior related to a display issue?

Message 3 of 4
CiroCardoso3v

Super weird bug. The problem isn't that the settings are copied. The problem is that the map isn't updated once you select the new one, so it keeps the same preview and settings. The fix for now is to select another node and then select it back. Reporting to the Devs

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
f_coltro

Thank you very much Ciro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report