Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold Bake to Texture using GPU does not generate padding.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lcCEYT2
1404 Views, 4 Replies

Arnold Bake to Texture using GPU does not generate padding.

Padding feature in Bake to Texture does not work using GPU, only works when CPU is enabled when using Arnold.

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DanielCantin
in reply to: lcCEYT2

Hi @lcCEYT2 

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has been added to our list issues to fix.

-Daniel

Daniel Cantin
QA Manager, 3ds Max, Maya
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 3 of 5
lcCEYT2
in reply to: DanielCantin

Any news about the fix? I updated again Max and Arnold (January 2021) and still, the bug is there. This is important for our workflow and it will be nice to know if is a plan to fix it in a short time. (4 months already waiting for the solution)

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
lcCEYT2
in reply to: DanielCantin

Hello, it is possible to know if the bug is going to be fixed?  the bug is still there: 28th Jan 2021 MaxToA 4.3.0.78.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
robert_capper
in reply to: lcCEYT2

I am having the same issue and just came across this post? Is there a workaround for this? Is there anything on your roadmaps to fix this or it is just considered broken and we need to use the CPU?

Update

It is working on GPU, I made a mistake. The padding only appears in the final saved image and not the VFB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report