Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapScreenToWorldRay in pymxs

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Julian.Millan
403 Views, 1 Reply

mapScreenToWorldRay in pymxs

Hi!

Making advances in using pymxs. There is one thing that the new documentation doesnt directly cover and I havent found an equivalent of which is mapScreenToWorldRay

I getting a point in the viewport using pymxs.runtime.mouse.screepos, the idea is to get the World position to use that ray to intersect with an object in scene (ultimately to place a new object onto the first one), but I dont see the direct equivalent to mapScreenToWorldRay

I looked for it in pymxs.runtime.viewport and it is not there, even tho it is classified as a Viewport option in the regular maxscript documentation.

Could you give a hint of how to use it in pymxs?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The command appears as pymxs.runtime.mapScreenToWorldRay as I would expect, but then the problem was different: it was not showing in my autocomplete when I was writing. Had to restart 3ds to see it in autocomplete. I dont know if this is something that might happen but it is weird.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report