Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increasing channels of morpher modifier with maxscript?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mamithaa
1838 Views, 11 Replies

increasing channels of morpher modifier with maxscript?

I am working now on rigging a face character and therefore I am made for that more than 100 morphers, but the morpher modifier does not add more than 100, so please answer me, how can i increase channels of morpher modifier in maxscripts?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: mamithaa

how can i increase channels of morpher modifier in maxscripts?

add another morpher modifier

Message 3 of 12
mamithaa
in reply to: denisT.MaxDoctor

Thanks for the answer, but the second modifier will eliminate the result of the first modifier and that's why my question was about increasing channels for the same modifier, please if you know how can i do that by maxscript help me,

Message 4 of 12
denisT.MaxDoctor

number of morph channels is limited by 100. it's hard-coded limitation and you can't change this limit.

morph deformation is additive. so two morph modifiers by 100 channels work the same as 200 channels of one 

but you have to manage such methods as Set All, Clear All, etc. yourself taking into account that you have more than one morph modifier   

Message 5 of 12
mamithaa

you can see in the video what happened when i changed the value of the second modefier , the second eliminated the result of the first modifier.
thank you,

Message 6 of 12
denisT.MaxDoctor

@mamithaa wrote:

you can see in the video what happened when i changed the value of the second modefier , the second eliminated the result of the first modifier.
thank you,

you are right... it doesn't works as i expected. my bad

Message 7 of 12
pepetd

So you could do this:

- make a clone (unique not instanced) of the mesh then add this new mesh as a morph target to your original mesh

- once you do that make sure to turn on "Automatically reload targets"

- add a new morph modifier to your new mesh

(make sure to remove the morph modifier that was cloned onto the new mesh when you cloned the original mesh)

- now when you add a new morph target to the new mesh morph modifier and change the value of it, it will deform the original mesh

- any morph that you have on the original mesh will also work as it will be additive.

Message 8 of 12
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: pepetd

@pepetd wrote:

- once you do that make sure to turn on "Automatically reload targets"

that's what i forgot 

Message 9 of 12
mamithaa
in reply to: pepetd

Thank you my friend, you have good solution and i have another you may see it in the attachment.

Message 10 of 12
pepetd

Yep you could do that ,but that way you can't mix and match all your morph targets, but I like your tool where you are controlling the morphs by clicking on different parts of the face)

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I am working now on rigging a face character and therefore I am made for that more than 100 morphers, ShowBoxVidMate Mobdro but the morpher modifier does not add more than 100, so please answer me,  how can i increase channels of morpher modifier in maxscripts?

Message 12 of 12
pepetd
in reply to: Anonymous

This has already been answered, please read previous replies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report