Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Information from BIP Controllers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Peter.Harwell
247 Views, 1 Reply

Getting Information from BIP Controllers

Hello all,

I am trying to get some BIP controller information via max script.

For example, from an animated BIP I am needing to get the TCB values from the Vertical_Horizontal_Turn controller and BipSlave_Control (s)

I have not been able to get any proper information from the BIP controllers and this is hampering some of the script work I am doing... Would anyone know of a way to properly get this information?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

@Peter.Harwell wrote:

Hello all,

I am trying to get some BIP controller information via max script.

For example, from an animated BIP I am needing to get the TCB values from the Vertical_Horizontal_Turn controller and BipSlave_Control (s)

I have not been able to get any proper information from the BIP controllers and this is hampering some of the script work I am doing... Would anyone know of a way to properly get this information?

First, the TCB information is BipedKey data, not Biped controller data. So, you must get the key.

for example, we have an animation for the "R UpperArm" bone, and it is selected:

numkeys $.controller
--
k = biped.getKey $.controller 1
k.tension
k.continuity
k.bias

The Biped Body controllers use extended BipedKey keys with some additional data... you can find more details in the MXS help -> BipedKey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report