Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common MaxScript functions

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
braisJSL2A
629 Views, 6 Replies

Common MaxScript functions

Hi Forum!

I'm Brais Brenlla, quite new around these parts, long time 3dsMax user and recent MaxScript student. I wanted to just introduce myself today to the forum and ask what I hope is a simple question, but one that I couldn't find the answer for. Is there a place that I can navigate to listing many of the common MaxScript default functions?

The reason I ask is because I've currently started learning the language through the MaxScript 101 course on Vimeo, and I saw that there are certain functions bundled with the engine: copy is the one I saw in a video, but I assume there would be others such as move, rotate, scale and so on. I tried skimming the MaxScript documentation but I couldn't find anything there, but I have to admit that the docs are quite obscure for me so I might have missed something (for instance, the geometry classes are well hidden under sections and categories that are not easy to mentally link, at least to me!). 

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated, 

Brais

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
istan
in reply to: braisJSL2A
Message 3 of 7
braisJSL2A

Hi Istan, 

Thanks a lot for the link, it did let me find some common functions and I think that landing page will make a good addition to the video series I'm currently watching. I'm curious to see if there is a dedicated page to common functions, just like there is for geometry classes - is that a thing? Seems weird that there isn't a page dedicated to the ones created by the creators.

Message 4 of 7
istan

You had better ask the creator himself 😉

In contrast to the C++ SDK doc, the MXS doc is not that bad - even for n00bs..

Message 5 of 7
braisJSL2A
in reply to: istan

Morning istan!

Not saying that the MaxScript docs are bad, I like the introduction section that they have there. It just seemed weird to me that there isn't a place that lists the names of the predefined functions. If that's the case, I imagine that they are scattered across the different topics that cover them, so I'll try to read through the docs looking for the appropriate ones. 

Message 6 of 7
Message 7 of 7

That's a great page, thanks @dmitriy.shpilevoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report