Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitmap gamma hell with C++ SDK

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
390 Views, 0 Replies

Bitmap gamma hell with C++ SDK

Hi, I'm working on a 3DS Max 2019 exporter to Open Scene Graph plugin and exporting textures is part of the exporter's task, as these are embeded in processed binary form inside the exported file. I am trying to handle sRGB textures properly, which wasn't the case before. Ive read this section of the documentation http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/3dsmaxsdk2012/en_us/index.html?url=files/GUID-9A15A1FA-42FD... and gamma handling seems pretty straightforward.

Unfortunately, I am having a very hard time getting my export to work when it comes to the correct color outputs. This may be partially due to how I define the output OSG format, but I think I've got this nailed down. So now I would like to know if there is something else to do to be sure to have linear physical space color values from Bitmaps 100% of the time. Here's what I am doing right now:

* The 3DS Max scene to export has Gamma / LUT enabled (set in render settings). My textures look fine in 3DS Max by the way.

* I call GetLinearPixels on the Bitmap to have linear physical space values

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report