Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max CoronaSelectMtl Keyframes and Naming script

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jakub
585 Views, 4 Replies

3Ds Max CoronaSelectMtl Keyframes and Naming script

Hello,
I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help out with a little script - create a little script.
https://gofile.io/?c=2R14Md
There is a simple scene.
I am thinking of this funcionality:
I might go to Slate Material Editor - select one or more CoronaSelect materials and press go. After that script would bake all possible material combinations to keyframes animation and also output all material combinations names so I can copy them to txt file.
After that I would just batch rename rendered files myself.

It would be kind of you if you would be willing to help.

Thank you for any help and proposal.

I would need such script for many scenes with many furnitures to be rendered in different materials and named.

Sending best wishes!
Jakub

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: jakub

this is an ideal form of a question (request) that's liked to be answered...

I might go to Slate Material Editor - select one or more CoronaSelect materials and press go. After that script would bake all possible material combinations to keyframes animation and also output all material combinations names so I can copy them to txt file.

could you clear what the 'bake' process is in your case? you description is too specific to what you do, and it's not clear for general users.

Message 3 of 5
jakub
in reply to: denisT.MaxDoctor

Well - as shown in the scene that is possible to download in the link I sent, basically if there are three CoronaSelect materials and each of them has 5 submaterials - by "baking" process I mean setting up an animation with 5*5*5 = 125 keyframes where in each keyframe is a combination of materials.

so first keyframe is CoronaSelect1 set to 1, CoronaSelect2 set to 1,  CoronaSelect3 set to 1. Second keyframe is  CoronaSelect1 set to 1, CoronaSelect2 set to 1,  CoronaSelect3 set to 2 etc. All combinations.

Script is going to do this with selected CoronaSelect materials in Slate Editor.

At the same time it would output (in console) names of combinations - in format /NameOfCoronaSelect1/-/NameOfSelectedMaterialinCoronaSelect1/-/NameOfCoronaSelect2/-/NameOfSelectedMaterialinCoronaSelect2/-/NameOfCoronaSelect3/-/NameOfSelectedMaterialinCoronaSelect3/.
Meaning outputting 125 names.

Hopefully it is more clear now.
Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
denisT.MaxDoctor
in reply to: jakub

Can someone point me to the MXS extension for Corona and its documentation (help)? 

Message 5 of 5

could someone show me the mxs listener output for:

showproperties (CoronaSelectMtl())

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report