Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird orientation when creating objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
353 Views, 3 Replies

Weird orientation when creating objects

Hi, I am working on a scene with multiple objects (I'm still at the blocking phase) but something odd is happening, whenever i create an object, it's oriented towards an odd direction, and always that direction, no matter the camera orientation. And i don't know how to revert the creation axys to the default one. As you can see in the picture, is a weird grid that appears for creating any object that is oriented in a weird diagonal way. And its super annoying. All the objects in the scene are oriented properly but at some point during the blocking it started to behave weird. Maybe it's something that i missclicked or activated without knowing,
 Trying to create a box, as you can see, it's oriented to that orange thing that appears, all the time. Little help?Trying to create a box, as you can see, it's oriented to that orange thing that appears, all the time. Little help?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
miledrizk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This yellow rectangle is a custom grid you can create from the Helpers section of the Create panel.

It helps you create objects parallel to a different grid than the home grid.

Now you have two solutions:

1- Simply delete that yellow grid

2- Select this yellow grid, right click and choose Activate HomeGrid

------------------------------------------------------
miledrizk@gmail.com
3DS Max 2021, V-Ray 5.2
3DS Max user since 2003 (3DS Max 7)
V-Ray user since 2008 (V-Ray 1.47)
My YouTube Channel http//www.youtube.com/c/MiledRizk
Tags (3)
Message 3 of 4
don_3259

hi dear friend you can use free camera which is direction free also you can share that file here so i can fix it for you.

thank you 

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I would say check the snaps, and /or reset xform, or finally export your model as obj and re=import that into a new scene 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report