Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Array tool...can it do this??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
340 Views, 4 Replies

Using the Array tool...can it do this??

I have a circle spline drawn in Max. I am trying to create a "screen" that would be in front of a fan...where there are 20 concentric circles, all on the same plane and spaced the same distance apart...say .5".

I tried the array tool, but it scaled by percentage. Say the first circle is 1". the second would be 1.5", the third would be 2.25, fourth would be 3.375. ect.

What I want is 1", 1.5", 2", 2.5" ect

Do I have to scale each circle one at a time?

Thanks for any advice!

Dean
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Tim_Wilbers
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know, but if it were me, I would take the 5 minutes and make the 20 circles.

Ok, it only took 1.5 minutes.
1. Make a Plane with the Length and Width equal to the diameter of the largest circle, with 40 Length and Width segments.
2. Turn on 2.5D Snaps on Vertex.
3. Start at the center vertex and create the 20 circles, one after the other: first click in the center of the Plane, second click on the horizontal or vertical line going away from the center.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

1.5 minutes?? I don't have that sort of time...j/k. Hmmm, Well, I guess I was trying too hard. It just seems like array should have that functionality.

Thanks for the easy solution.

Dean
Message 4 of 5
Tim_Wilbers

I know what you mean.
Beat your head against the wall trying to make something work, and the solution is right behind you.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You can also try this with a circle, convert to Editable Spline, Spline subobject level, select the spline and offset multiple times. Only pain is you have to select the new spline subobject for each subsequent offset.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report