Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two meshs one uvw unwrap problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
359 Views, 1 Reply

Two meshs one uvw unwrap problem

This is driving me crazy, ive got a mesh i created base of a gas station , when i uvw unwrap box,  the aspect ratio of the model is wrong, therefore bad pattern checker in uvw editor. so i created a test model almost identical (the gray mesh)

its perfect the size of the top is proportional to the sides. i did i think use a modifier on the orange mesh,if you look at pic the uvw unwrap of the orange mesh proportions are squashed up the top isnt that thin in relation to the sides.

ive got other mesh with same problem. its driving me nuts why. ive reset uvs etc no luck. the fisrt map is the bad one fot the orange mesh, the second map is what the first should look like. It means i have to remodel the whole gas station again because of this. ive attached the file.

i really appreciate any assistance greatly .

thks

dave

Screenshot (27).pngScreenshot (28).pngScreenshot (29).png

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is perhaps because you have scaled the object in non subobject level. The unwrap is adding UVs to the model before being scaled. Use a reset xform and then apply the unwrap on top.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report