Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to bridge an arc-rectangle to box

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1484 Views, 3 Replies

trying to bridge an arc-rectangle to box

Trying to bridge this arc to the box. I've cut out the polygon of the box and i've attempted to bridge the edges to that of the arc to make one closed polygon.

Also is there any other way to achive this shape? Its essentially a lamp switch.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

You would have to Slice the box section as many times as there are vertices along the curved section. Although you could use Connect to do that quite easily, the edges resulting from the eventual Bridge wouldn't be parallel (if that matters to you, it may not). Probably easier (if it does matter) to re-create the box section than to modify the existing one.
Try cloning the curved surface, flip the polys, select all the vertices and make them Planar then attach the 2 sections together and Bridge them.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
leeminardi
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this what you are trying to create?

Switch.JPG

If so, create a rectangle, convert it to an Editbale Spline, adjust the slope handles at the corners to create the curve then apply an Extrude modifier.

lee.minardi
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks that solution worked. I was having trouble with the arc and realised it was because i used the 'rendering' sub box 'rectangular' thingy  to generate the shape. This time i used the 'extrude' modifier on the arc and converted that to editable poly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report