Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triangles to Quads, please help

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4171 Views, 4 Replies

Triangles to Quads, please help

Hi all, 

i'm modeling this shape and there are alot of triangles in here, i don't know how to get rid of them, turn them into quads i tried alot and i asked in many places, could someone please help ? 

i will appreciate it so much.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
claudio.zeccolella
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi , it doesn't appear clear what are you trying to do but anyway i suppose that you're cutting away a piece of mesh :). First of all delete the unwanted part and then you'll get polys with 5 vertices and you need to weld those vertices which are close each other and remove some useless edges .

Unfortunately it's an handmade process but by time to time you'll get used to do it :). For further explanation try to post more images about.

Cheers 

ClaudioSketch.JPG

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: claudio.zeccolella

Thank's alot Claudio for your assist,

what i'm trying to achieve is this (but without the shown problems)

d3f1gdf3gfd3g12df.jpg

i have included this part of the model as Attachment

could you please do an animated gif or video on how to solve the triangles because i got confused .

thank's alot.

Mouad

Message 4 of 5
claudio.zeccolella
in reply to: Anonymous

It's easy :). First of all you have to work on a low poly model and i mean that you need to get rid of all those useless edges. 

I don't know what kind of piece is this but as i see the surface is wavy due to high number of edges that are close with each other. Keep in mind that ,to have a clean and smooth surface you should keep an equal distance between all the edges which means polygons with a regular size overall the surface ( check attachment ). I've attached different screenshot because actually i can't make gif or videos, but i promise you that i'll post something on it for a better understanding.  

Img 1- The first thing that i did is removing all the useless edges and regularized their position for a better stepping using " set flow " tool from the ribbon. You have to simplify the mesh as best as possible before to move on the next subd.

Img 2- Unfortunately i've deleted the cap 😞 but the concept remain the same. Simmetry modifier and a small edge extrusion on the opening.

Img 3-  Chamfering the border and then turbosmooth. 

Img 4- Pay attention to the point shown in the picture and weld those vertices 

Let me know 😄

Claudio

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: claudio.zeccolella

Claudio, i really appreciate your help, thank you so much for your time and your effort.
i did solve the problem by following your step by step guide (i wasn't aware of the set flow tool too)
and i come with acceptable result as seen here :

ljmlkhmljhlmjh.jpg

cbcvgghgh.jpg

regarding the modeil i'm trying to make is : electronic hoverboard like this : 

61GgjZ9o1zL._SL1000_.jpg

thank you again Claudio and best regards

mouad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report