Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table edges slip through the tablecloth during the simulation with cloth mod

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
vicktor1111111
771 Views, 1 Reply

Table edges slip through the tablecloth during the simulation with cloth mod

Hi chaps. Here is the problem I have: I've made a round table with a chamfered edge, and I've placed a plane with the a 40 to 40 division over it and I've applied cloth modifier to it and set the table as the collision object. Then I use "simulate local", though I tried "simulate" either, and the result is that the edges of the table slip through the cloth. Here is the picture:Screenshot_119.jpgScreenshot_120.jpg

I also tried MassFX simulation, the result is much better in this case but still there are some patches where the same problem appears. And besides there is only the preset for cotton cloth in MassFX, probably that's why the tablecloth warps slightly over the table top surface causing some objects I've aligned to the table beforehand to "drown" in it. Of course I can align all of them to the tablecloth but still the inability to make it in a right way quite vexes me.

Here I also apply the whole scene. It's laughably naive but it's just a pilot scene made specially to try some 3ds max features. So tell me please how to avoid above-mentioned problems.

Thank you very much for your assistance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: vicktor1111111

The way I can intercept your problem, I believe that some properties of either the cloth or the object might be creating problems for you. This video might help you get through this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmbd-0DVYPc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report