Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sweep Modifier going wrong ๐Ÿ˜‘

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Amt10088
541 Views, 2 Replies

Sweep Modifier going wrong ๐Ÿ˜‘

2015F762-1772-483E-B7D8-C927651EAFB9.jpeg

โ€ƒhello everyone, I am struggling so much with the Sweep Modifier on Custom Section Pick Shape . I donโ€™t know what am I doing wrong ?? Please help me , all the shapes goes like that when I add Pick from selection . 

looking forward for some answers please ๐Ÿ™:heart_suit::heart_suit:๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž. I love moulding so much and I hope I can manage in using this modifier . 
xoxo 

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ManniiCode
in reply to: Amt10088

It's likely caused by the orientation of the shape. 

This is what you can try. 

Reset X Form

- Remove sweep first, reset X form the sweep profile shape, convert to spline, sweep again

SubObject Orientation

- Try to rotate the shape in the sub-object level. Go to the modifier tab, select either 'segment' or 'spline' mode, and rotate the shape within that level until it looks right, I suggest turning on snap before doing the rotation. 

Message 3 of 3
Amt10088
in reply to: ManniiCode

Hi there,

Yes all good and works with reset x form . It takes me a while till I figured out this rotation thing , donโ€™t know whatโ€™s the best wait that the shape or the gizmo has to be on the shape, but with a few tries it works .

Best regards ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™:heart_suit::heart_suit:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report