Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select similair (polygons)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
VictorvdBrink
462 Views, 2 Replies

Select similair (polygons)

Hello everyone,

I've been working in 3DS Max for a while now and I'm starting to notice that sometimes my moddeling aspirations start to outgrow my actual knowledge of the software. 

Case in point, I'm moddeling this jet engine thing and I have this piece where I want to select all the polygons around this nozzle (see picture).

I know that in Maya there was this really cool function where you could tell it to select any similair polygons to the one you have selected currently. 

I've done some digging but I haven't been able to find a clear answer to how to do this in 3DX Max, as always the Autodesk knowledge network isn't of much help because they don't have any pictures. 

This isn't the first time I've found myself in this situation where I have to manually select all the parts I want. And I'd really like to improve my moddeling speed. 

So if anyone could help me along that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Picture:
I want to select all the same polygons that go all the way around this nozzle piece at once.I want to select all the same polygons that go all the way around this nozzle piece at once.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: VictorvdBrink

It is a bit hidden, edit poly, face selection, in the ribbon, modify selection, and open the bottom menu

image.png

Message 3 of 3
VictorvdBrink
in reply to: Anonymous

Great! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report