Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit material not showing in scene explorer of 3ds max

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
faizanmunawar000
277 Views, 1 Reply

revit material not showing in scene explorer of 3ds max

I've modelled a building in revit in which i used polystyrene sheet between brick wall and plaster . When i link RVT or FBX model in 3Ds Max, polystyrene sheet not showing in scene explorer of 3ds max. i tried both by linking RVT and by FBX. My version is 2023 of both softwares. Also, I've modelled a simple wall for checking, which is totally made of polystyrene sheet in separate revit file. When i import that file, it shows up polystyrene sheet. But when I import building model, then this doesn't shows polystyrene sheet. please help me with that.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CAMedeck
in reply to: faizanmunawar000

In Revit, open the polystyrene material and check the Appearance tab.  I have a feeling that it is set to Generic, which is how it imports into 3ds Max.  Change the Appearance to something new, unique, and name it properly.  That should fix your issue.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report