Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
456 Views, 4 Replies

Rendering Problem

Hi, I am pretty new to 3ds Max. I applied some materials to the model I am making but the final part of this render for mental ray does not render properly, only renders some polys. I tried using editable poly and flipping the polys in specific, that did not work. Also went into the object properties and Renderable and Visible to Reflection/Refraction is ticked. Also, this bit that seems to be bugged out is an extrusion and also some polys of a cone. Help, please?

RPG Prob.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jair_gh
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd try to things. First to apply a smooth modifier to the geometry. Then check the MR Material is double side.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To me it looks like some of the face normals are flipped. Making sure the material is double sided should fix this like mentioned before. Let us know how it works.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jair_gh

Hi, thank you for the responses.

I have tried adding the Smooth Modifier to my RPG Model and using smoothing groups. I have also changed the material to double sided, but does not fix the problem. I additionally tried just using smoothing groups by just selecting all of the polys on the end of the model and using that but here is how it looks with the smooth modifier applied to it:

SmoothModifier.PNGMaterial 1.PNGMaterial 2.PNG

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jair_gh

Hi, thank you for the responses.

I have tried adding the Smooth Modifier to my model and using smoothing groups. I have also changed the material to double sided, but does not fix the problem. I additionally tried just using smoothing groups by just selecting all of the polys on the end of the model and using that but here is how it looks with the smooth modifier applied to it:SmoothModifier.PNG

Material 1.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report