Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Connect" tool

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
966 Views, 4 Replies

"Connect" tool

I'm beginner to 3D max and I've been facing a problem since I've downloaded it. I was trying to connect two edges, but "connect" tool it doesn't work. and it doesn't do any action.

Any help, please?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not clear from the screenshot which edges you are trying to connect. Are you trying to "connect" Box01 to Box02?

Just in case you're trying to do something that may be done in a better way, can you describe from high level what you are trying to do?

Ben Bisares
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

Sorry for inconvenience. Actually, I am watching a Youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtuLU5K48w&t=44s) and following what he did. I am trying to connect the four red vertices (please, check the attached picture) but when I press "Connect" it does nothing.

Message 4 of 5
10DSpace
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

You don't have "edged faces" display (F4 is the hot key to toggle it on and off) on so I cannot really tell for sure, but one reason why connect would not work on those 4 vertices on the corners is if there is an edge along the roof line connecting the vertices at the peak of the roof.    For Connect to work on vertices, there cannot be any edges between the vertices that would "block" the connect.    Toggle edged faces on and see if  there is an edge along the peak of the roof that is preventing the connect function.  

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: 10DSpace

@10DSpace 

Yes as you said. when I pressed F4 I saw a line connected to the roof and removed it.

I was able to connect the four vertices.

Thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report