Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about UVW editing & unwrapping

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AlexandreDBP
428 Views, 2 Replies

Questions about UVW editing & unwrapping

Hi

I'm here today to hopefuly get replies & advices about couple questions regarding UVW editing.

• Firstly, I would like to know if there is a way or maybe a plugin that can keep the size and the position of the UVW editing window. I want to keep it in full size on my 3rd screen, without moving and resizing each time I open it.

• Still about UVW editing, I was wondering if it is possible to edit different objects UVs (by adding UVW edit modifier to multiple objects) and keeping the UV rescale ratio. What I mean is, when I relax or rescale elements, I would like all objects share the same texture scale.

Screenshot01a.jpgScreenshot01b.jpg

• And finally, I think that it's something that I don't do correctly, but I would like to have advices and details on peeling UVs. By default, when I Quick Peel , every elements seems to be in random orientation. Is it something to do with the blue pins? But I didn't found how they works exactly.

Original peelingOriginal peelingWhat I try to have directlyWhat I try to have directly

Thank you very much for your time! I chosen to regroup my question in a single post because they are all about UVW editing and to avoid post spamming.

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

1. Place the UV editor window and specify these settings as default, the program will remember this, and next time it will open it in the same place. 

2. This is called texel density. There are a lot of plugins and scripts on the Internet for working with split scale. 

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/texel-density-tool

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/advanced-uv-normalizer

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/textools-toolbox-for-the-texture-artist

3. When using the peel mode, the pins are assigned randomly, but they can be removed at any time and placed where you need. When this mode is active, you can move the pins and follow the changes interactively. Depending on the version, the position of the buttons may differ.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the quick reply!

1. For the UV edit window, I forgot to mention that I already tried few things, like saving current settings as default, but unfortunately, it don't save the window position, only every settings, which works well.

2. Many thanks for the explanation and the links, it works perfectly!

3. I know that you can change pins, but what you mean is they decide they alignment? Which mean that I have to change them to be aligned in order to get organization like in my screenshot.

Thanks again for the details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report